The Israelites wanted a king just like all their neighboring pagan nations had. They could have just relied on God, but no, they asked for a king and God gave them one. He also gave them prophets, who were the mediators between God and the people. Here we meet Samuel, God’s first anointed prophet. Then, we meet King Saul, God’s first anointed king. Problem is, Saul loses his focus on God and disobeys. Enter, David, a man out of God’s own heart. Discover how all these people reveal Jesus, the Messiah.
In addition, I include some Psalms, written by David, in Historical Order, mixed in so you get a full idea of God’s relationship with David and us.
- 1 Samuel 1: Giving Up a Son to the Service of God
- 1 Samuel 2: Those Who Are Supposed to Represent God Don’t Know Him
- 1 Samuel 3: Listening to the Voice of God When He Calls
- 1 Samuel 4: Men’s Ways Without the Guidance of God Fail Miserably
- 1 Samuel 5: What Happens When the One True God Meets a Man-Made Idol?
- 1 Samuel 6: Religious Rituals Do Nothing to Grant Us Salvation
- 1 Samuel 7: Get Rid of Your Idols, Live Right, and Commit Fully to God
- 1 Samuel 8-10: The People Want a King and God Delivers
- 1 Samuel 10-11: How the Holy Spirit Changes us to be Different People
- 1 Samuel 12: Leave a Legacy of Integrity with a Servant Heart for God
- 1 Samuel 13: Evaluate Your Heart. Do You Follow God or the World?
- 1 Samuel 14: 4 Ingredients for a Great Victory!
- 1 Samuel 15: What Happens When You Disobey a Direct Order from God?
- 1 Samuel 16: Good Looks Don’t Matter to God, It’s What’s in the Heart
- 1 Samuel 17: Being Bold and Courageous When Facing the Giants in Your Life
- 1 Samuel 18 and 19: A King has an Ugly Meltdown of Envy and Fear
- Psalms 5 & 59: Meet David, the Poet, & Learn to Pray the Psalms
- 1 Samuel 20: Does David Still Have to Hide from Crazy King Saul?
- 1 Samuel 21 & 2 Psalms: Have Faith in the Lord, not Fear in a Time of Desperation
- 1 Samuel 22 & More Psalms: King David’s Situation Mirrors Jesus
- 1 Samuel 23 & Psalms: God is Our Shield, Saving Those Whose Hearts💕 are True & Right
- Psalm 57 and 1 Samuel 24: David Shows Great Restraint at an Opportune Moment
- 1 Samuel 25: Lord, Restrain Us From Doing Something Evil, Sinful, Foolish, Stupid or Idiotic
- 1 Samuel 26: The Lord Gives David Courage and Restraint Yet Again
- 1 Samuel 27: The Brevity of Life…Reacting with Fear over Faith
- 1 Samuel 28: Saul’s Depraved Mind Thinks Speaking to the Dead will be Helpful
- 1 Samuel 29 and 30: Double Agent David Finds that God Honors Obedience
- 1 Samuel 31 – 2 Samuel 1: David Mourns His Enemy and His Best Friend
- 2 Samuel 2: One Tribe is Better than None – the Anointing of a King
- 2 Samuel 3: Hope Arises! Is a United Israel in Sight?
- 2 Samuel 4 and 5: Israel is Finally United and Jerusalem is Conquered
- Psalms 78: Looking Back at What God Did for Israel Up to King David
- 2 Samuel 6: It’s Not Just Our Good Motives that Matter, It’s Our Methods, Too.
- 2 Samuel 7 and Psalms: God Tells David about the Future Messiah
- Find Hope and Celebrate God with Psalms of Prayer, Praise and Worship
- 2 Samuel 8 and Psalm 60: King David and His Military Victories
- 2 Samuel 9 and Psalms 23: Guaranteed Goodness and Unconditional Love for Life
- 2 Samuel 10: David’s Victory in Battle is Attributed to the Lord
- 2 Samuel 11-12: The Man After God’s Own Heart falls from Grace
- Psalms 32, 38 and 51: How to Get a Clean Heart❤️& Reclaim Your Joy😃
- 2 Samuel 13: Think Before Giving Satan a Foothold that Ruins Your Life
- 2 Samuel 14: A Parable to Call Out David Hoping to Soften His Heart
- 2 Samuel 15: A Son Rebels Against King David like God Promised
- 2 Samuel 16 and Psalms 63: The Last of God’s Promises for David Comes True
- Psalms 143, 69 and 40: Don’t Panic! Cry out to God in Your Time of Need
- 2 Samuel 17 and 18: A Strategy that Appeals to Pride Leads to Death
- 2 Samuel 19: A Bittersweet Victory. David Mourns his Son, Yet He Must Rule Israel
- Psalms 41 & 55: When Trouble Comes, do you Run Away or Face the Problems?
- 2 Samuel 20: Why are Old Testament Stories So Violent and Bloodthirsty?
- 2 Samuel 21 & Psalms: God Repays all People According to what They Have Done
- 3 Psalms Where King David Noted All the Great Things God Did (and is still doing!)
- 2 Samuel 22: King David’s Epic Memoir Pours His Heart❤️ Out Praising🙌🏼 God
- 2 Samuel 23-24: A David’s Last Official Words, a Census and an Important Buy
- Psalms 139: Praising a Powerful God Who Knows Your Heart❤️
Next comes Solomon, David’s son, we learn about him in 1 Kings.
Did you find Jesus in all of 1 and 2 Samuel?
If you’re not sure if you’re saved or not, if you truly want to be born again and have the assurance of salvation, receive the Holy Spirit, feel His Shalom — a peace that surpasses all understanding, and get a 1-way, non-stop ticket to Heaven after you die, or that you won’t be left behind at the Rapture, which can happen at any moment, this is what you have to do…
Believe. Repent. Be Baptized. Receive the Holy Spirit.
- Believe — have Faith — that Jesus is the Christ and He died taking your sins away forever and that He rose from the dead 3 days later.
- Repent of your sins — stop sinning! Do a complete 180-degree turn in your life and surrender your life to Him. When you ask Jesus to forgive you He will. ALL your sins will be wiped clean — past, present, and future! And All means ALL!
- Be Baptized by water baptism — show the world and yourself that you have died to your old life and are born again in Christ.
- Receive the gift of Holy Spirit in your heart.