Many people think that the Book of Revelation is hard to understand. In this video series, Bible Prophecy scholar, Pastor Brandon Holthaus, clearly explains Jesus’ messages to 5 of the churches at the beginning of the book. Those letters apply to today’s churches! Every single one of them! Watch these videos and discover amazing insights into these letters written almost 2000 years ago…
The Loveless Church at Ephesus
Smryna, the Persecuted Church
Pergamum – the Compromised Church
Thyatira – the Corrupt Church
Sardis, the Dead Church
More on the Churches…
- We have 7 Blessings from Jesus in the letters to the 7 churches — which were not just written for the churches back then in 95 AD, but are relevant to us right now.
- The letter to the church of Ephesus asks if we love the church more than Jesus. We’re supposed to worship Jesus directly — not follow a church’s teachings or a pastor or priest only.
- In the letter to the church in Smyrna, we learn that if we remain faithful, we will receive the crown of life!
- The church in Pergamum had a major problem that Jesus hated and that was idolatry and immorality. We still have those problems today. We are supposed to worship the one true God only! Not Mary, not the saints, not a job, a lifestyle, or a car. We are supposed to have a strong moral compass. Look at our world today and we see that evil, immorality, and chaos are so prominent.
- The letter to the church in Thyatira questions whether we love our faith over our jobs. That’s a very controversial subject right now. Do we stand up for our faith or give in to the immoral culture just to stay in business?
- Stuff happens when you least expect it! As Jesus says a lot, “Like a thief in the night,” read the letter to the church in Sardis.
- The church of Philadelphia was one of the 2 churches that did not get a scolding. They got a letter of encouragement and hope because they were faithful.
- Laodicea was the “lukewarm” church. Neither hot nor cold. They had all they needed so they didn’t care. Apathy is a huge problem in today’s world, too.
Mobe Bible Prophecy Resources
- Watch this Video Series on the Book of Revelation
- Future Shock – Jesus’ Predictions for Today in Mark 13
- Bible Prophecy Links
- Bible Prophecy Books
If you’re not sure if you’re saved or not, if you truly want to be born again and have the assurance of salvation, receive the Holy Spirit, feel His Shalom, and get a 1-way, non-stop ticket to Heaven after you die, or that you won’t be left behind at the Rapture, which can happen at any moment, this is what you have to do…
Believe. Repent. Be Baptized. Receive the Holy Spirit.
- Believe — have Faith — that Jesus is the Christ and He died taking your sins away forever and that He rose from the dead 3 days later.
- Repent of your sins — stop sinning! Do a complete 180-degree turn in your life and surrender your life to Him. When you ask Jesus to forgive you He will. ALL your sins will be wiped clean — past, present, and future! And All means ALL!
- Be Baptized by water baptism — show the world and yourself that you have died to your old life and are born again in Christ.
- Receive the gift of Holy Spirit in your heart.