We are living in the Last Days! Just take a look around! Last week I covered the difference between the Last Days and End Times. There’s a difference, even though the terms are often used interchangeably. What about the Rapture and the second coming of Jesus Christ? These terms are also confused — A LOT. However, these are two very different events. Let’s dig in…
Timeline of the Rapture and the 2nd Coming of Jesus
The Rapture of the Church happens first, that starts the countdown until the second coming of Christ. Now, there is a gap in time between the vanishing of the born-again believers and the start of the Tribulation. We don’t know how long that is. The Tribulation starts with the Beast (Antichrist, Man of Lawlessness, Son of Satan, Son of Perdition, or whatever you want to call him) rises to power from obscurity to make a 7-year peace treaty with Israel.
Why would Israel need a peace treaty or a covenant?
First, the Rapture of millions of born-again Christians will cause chaos all over the world. Hence, the one-world-government will arise. Currently, we have Iran nuking up and ready to attack Israel. We also have Hezbollah, and the other terrorist groups attacking and wanting to destroy Israel. Ezekiel prophesied the war of Gog from Magog. Personally, I think, with the recent deal between Israel and Europe to provide gas, has angered Russia enough to eventually attack. Again, that is just my speculation. Check out the latest Bible Prophecy News.
Halfway through the 7 years of peace, the Antichrist will cancel the treaty. During that time, more than likely, a new city of Babylon will have arisen with direct access to the Persian Gulf. Likewise, there will be a 3rd temple built on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. It wouldn’t surprise me if during the Gog/Magog war, both the Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa Mosque are destroyed (by their own rockets). That would clear the way for the 3rd temple to be built. The Jews have everything ready.
After the Great Tribulation, Jesus will come back with His born-again believers to conquer the world ruled by the unholy trinity: Satan, the Antichrist, and the False Prophet. That’s the 2nd coming.
First vs Second Coming
- Came quietly, unnoticed but by a few shepherds
- The Suffering Servant
- Bringing Redemption from our sins
- Offered us His Kingdom
- Came humbly
- Came to die
- His blood spilled by His enemies
- The Lamb of God
- Took on human flesh
- Saved some Jews
- His Triumphal Entry in Jerusalem prophesied to the day
- His Birthplace prophesied
- All the world — everyone — will see Him
- He returns as a conquering king
- Returns to bring retribution
- Establishes His Kingdom on earth
- Returns in Glory
- As King to reign
- He’ll spill His enemies’ blood
- He is the Lion of Judah
- With a glorified body
- Comes to save ALL Jews
- His return to Jerusalem is unknown
- It was prophesied to be at the Mount of Olives
It’s amazing the difference between Jesus’ first and seconding comings. From a sacrificial lamb to a conquering King!
The Rapture vs the Second Coming
Now let’s compare the Rapture with the Second Coming…
- No warning signs — it is imminent
- Jesus comes in the air
- Jesus rescues His born-again believers from wrath
- He rewards His believers for their good works
- Jesus Returns FOR His believers, His church
- He raises saints from the grave
- The Church, the Bride of Christ, called to the Wedding Feast
- Not prophesied in the Old Testament because it’s the Church.
- Happens in the twinkling of the eye — an instant
- The tribulation happens after
- The Savior of Calvary redeems
- Only born-again believers will see Him or hear the trumpet call
- Preceded by 7 years of signs and judgments
- Jesus comes back to the earth
- He returns to deliver His wrath
- He rewards unbelievers for their sin
- Jesus returns WITH His believers, His church
- He puts the ungodly in the grave
- Vultures and birds are called to feast on the dead
- Prophesied in both the Old and New Testaments
- Involves a battle
- The Millennium Kingdom begins
- The Rider with cavalry judges
- Every eye will see Him
Basically, at the Rapture, we, born again believers go where Jesus is. At the 2nd Coming, we come back with Him to earth and that starts His Millennial Kingdom.
God’s Prophecies Will be Fulfilled!
As you can see, there are many Old Testament prophecies that were fulfilled with Jesus’ first coming as a Savior. The Rapture will fulfill several prophecies in the New Testament as will His second coming. God keeps His promises!
The question now is…
Where do YOU fall into prophecy?
Being a born-again believer, I am absolutely sure that I’ll be raptured before God sheds His wrath — His judgment on the world. I have that assurance because I surrendered my life to Him. I came to realization that without Jesus, I’d be left behind. Believe me, you don’t want to be left behind! Sure, you’ll get a second chance, but then, if you even survive the chaos and crisis that the rapture will cause, you have to go through the tribulation. So…
If you’re not sure if you’re saved or not, if you truly want to be born again and have the assurance of salvation, receive the Holy Spirit, and get a 1-way, non-stop ticket to Heaven after you die, or that you won’t be left behind at the Rapture, which can happen at any moment, this is what you have to do…