- The True Salvation of Jesus Christ… and
- Once you’re saved, to grow from a baby Christian to a mature Christian so you can teach others as you have been taught.
In Titus chapter 2, Paul explains how the older people in a church should mentor, teach and train the younger people to be zealous workers for Jesus Christ.
You, however, must teach what is appropriate to sound doctrine. 2 Teach the older men to be temperate, worthy of respect, self-controlled, and sound in faith, in love and in endurance.
3 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4 Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.
6 Similarly, encourage the young men to be self-controlled. 7 In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness 8 and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.
9 Teach [bond] slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them, 10 and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive.
- Teach sound doctrine — stick to biblical truth. Whether a preacher or a bible study leader, teach the Gospel Truth. Every church should have some sort of bible study besides the weekly church service. Furthermore, besides services and study groups, every Christian should be reading and studying the Bible on their own — daily! Feeding yourself with the Word of God is the best thing you can do for you life.
- Be good role models — young people learn by example. Show them what integrity really means. We should all live lives “worthy of respect, self-controlled, and sound in faith, in love and in endurance”. You learn this again, but studying the Bible. The Bible is our guide to life given by the Holy Spirit.
- It’s OK to meet in mixed groups, but having men-only and women-only groups of mixed ages is fantastic. I meet weekly with strong Christian women of all ages and we support and teach each other in ways that we couldn’t do in a mixed group of men and women. We come from different backgrounds, moreover, we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, but have been redeemed. God is using each of us, in our own way, to lead, nurture and teach others.
- If we, as Christians, reflect Jesus in all we do, we inadvertently teach others about Jesus Christ.
This next portion is what it’s all about…
11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.
15 These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you.Titus 2 NIV
Saved by Grace to be Zealous for Good Works
This sentence caught my attention as I was listening to the teaching on Titus 2 on Through The Word, the free Bible study app.
He loves us as we are, not to leave us as we are. He’ll take us as we are, but He won’t leave us as we are.ThroughTheWord.org Bible Study on Titus 2
Jesus’ purpose was to make us all zealous — passionate for God and the Gospel. If you’re not growing in your faith each time you attend a church service or meeting at your church, then you need to look for another church. Make sure they teach and preach the Bible. Make sure that they teach the Gospel Truth.
Are You Zealous for Jesus?
If not, then maybe you’re not fully saved. Jesus is coming back soon. How would you like Him to find you? Indifferent? Like a robot? Or zealous for Him?
If you’re not sure if you’re saved or not, if you truly want to be born again and have the assurance of salvation, receive the Holy Spirit, feel His Shalom — a peace that surpasses all understanding, and get a 1-way, non-stop ticket to Heaven after you die, or that you won’t be left behind at the Rapture, which can happen at any moment, this is what you have to do…