The Israelites are about to enter the Promised Land with a new leader: Joshua. We open this next epic story with the fall of Jericho. The Jericho adventure starts with the introduction of an unlikely hero, Rahab, the prostitute. God’s reputation preceded Him and the Israelites. Back then, news spread rather quickly considering they didn’t have social media. Stories spread by traveling family, friends and merchants. The residents, as well as the king of Jericho knew about the parting of the Red Sea and how they annihilated the Amorites. She had a healthy respect for God — a fear of the Lord — that led to grace. Let’s dig in…
Jesus in the Book of Joshua
- Part 1: A Strong and Courageous, Godly Leader
- Part 2: The Jericho Adventure Begins in a Scandalous Way
- Part 3: God Performs A Powerful, Astounding Miracle
- Part 4: Victory as Jericho is Destroyed, Now War Begins
- Part 5: God Makes Good on His Promises, Both Rewards and Warnings
- Part 6: No Prayer, No Wisdom, the Importance of Seeking God’s Counsel
- Part 7: How to Win a Battle with Heavenly Help from God
- Part 8: Is Israel the New Eden for God’s People?
- Finale: Choose Today Whom You Will Follow and Serve
If you’re not sure if you’re saved or not, if you truly want to be born again and have the assurance of salvation, receive the Holy Spirit, and get a 1-way, non-stop ticket to Heaven after you die, or that you won’t be left behind at the Rapture, which can happen at any moment, this is what you have to do…
Believe. Repent. Be Baptized. Receive the Holy Spirit.
- Believe — have Faith — that Jesus is the Christ and He died taking your sins away forever and that He rose from the dead 3 days later.
- Repent of your sins — stop sinning! Do a complete 180-degree turn in your life and surrender your life to Him. When you ask Jesus to forgive you He will. ALL your sins will be wiped clean — past, present, and future! And All means ALL!
- Be Baptized by water baptism — show the world and yourself that you have died to your old life and are born again in Christ.
- Receive the gift of Holy Spirit in your heart.