Folks, this will be my last weekly World Watch. This past Wednesday I felt physically weary — and it wasn’t because I’ve been fasting and praying. Then, the Holy Spirit showed me that God’s got something else for me to do. I’ll explain at the end. Amazingly, the moment I was convinced to stop doing the weekly World Watch report, the weariness left me. Nevertheless, even though we are still in the last days, Bible Prophecy is still important.
We can’t ignore the birth pangs and the convergence of prophetic events prophesied in the Bible that are still increasing in magnitude and frequency. Given that, let’s look at this week’s wrap up of the increasing global signs of Bible Prophecy…
Listen to this blog…
Jesus told us…
7 And you will hear of wars and threats of wars, but don’t panic. Yes, these things must take place, but the end won’t follow immediately. 8 Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes (seismic events) in many parts of the world, as well as famines. But this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come.Mark 13:7-8 NLT
Last Days Bible Prophecy
Coming True Right Now!
Wars, Threats of Wars, People Group vs People Group, & Terrorism
Russia / Ukraine / Europe
- The Ukrainian army carried out a raid in temporarily annexed Crimea on the morning of August 24.
- While the West signals that war fatigue may be starting, a new survey says that 90.4% of Ukrainians are not ready to give up territories to Russia even for the end of the war.
- Russia says it has destroyed a Ukrainian vessel in the Black Sea.
- The U.S. embassy in Minsk issued an alert that all U.S. citizens in Belarus should depart immediately.
- Russian army officials visited Libya after Haftar invite.
- Niger army was ordered to go on high alert by the junta.
- African Union, ECOWAS, suspends Niger over coup as 12 troops die in new attack.
- Algeria refuses to open its airspace to the French army that wants to invade Niger.
- Niger Republic military junta orders Nigeria, German, U.S., Côte d’Ivoire, and the French ambassador to leave within 48 hours or face severe consequences.
- The South Korean General Staff reported that the North Korean launch was of a satellite-carrying rocket, nearly two months after the failure to launch the first spy satellite on May 31. Failed again.
- North Korea says it is waiting for the right moment to ‘punish’ the United States and South Korea, warns of an ‘outbreak of thermonuclear war’.
- Coalitions were formed and Russia and North Korea are uniting with China.
Elsewhere Around the World…
the Middle East
- Syria: The biggest wave of protests against Bashar Al Assad since 2011.
- Reports of intense activity of air force planes on the Lebanese border.
- According to some reports, a Hezbollah drone is being tracked.
- Report that Iran has reached an agreement with the US on the reduction of sanctions so that it can compete with Russia in the oil markets in the East.
- Just a reminder – the reduction of sanctions is why Iran is supplying weapons to Russia and thus prolongs Russia’s war efforts, to begin with!
- Israel to Step Up Terror Response: In recent days, Palestinian terrorists have increasingly targeted Israeli citizens, killing three and seriously injuring two.
- The Israeli security cabinet has warned that the Israel Defense Forces will carry out strikes against the terrorists in an attempt to stem the rising number of attacks against Israelis.
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Yoav Gallant have stated that Iran is behind the attacks, using the Palestinian Islamic Jihad and Hamas as proxies.
- “We are using means, and we will use yet more, both offensive and defensive, to settle accounts with the murderers and those who dispatch them, near and far,” said Netanyahu.
- Iran unveiled a new offensive UAV named Mohajer-10. It’s capable of carrying many types of weapons weighing up to 300 kg, flying at an average speed of about 350 km/h, flying up to 24 hours continuously, and up to a height of 24 thousand feet. Effective for a range of about 2,000 km.
- Saudi border guards fired “like rain” on Ethiopian migrants trying to cross into the Gulf kingdom from Yemen, killing hundreds since last year, Human Rights Watch said in a report Monday. Survivors described attacks at close range, with Saudi border guards asking Ethiopians “in which limb of their body they would prefer to be shot”, the report said.
Earthquakes & “Seismic” Weather Events, Pestilence, Plagues & Famine
The Greek word for “earthquake” is “seismos”, which refers to seismic weather like tornadoes, hurricanes, and violent storms as well as earthquakes and volcanoes.
Tropical Storm Hilary
Pestilence & Famine
- CDC: New BA.2.86 COVID variant could cause infections in vaccinated individuals
- Scientists have proved the link between junk food and the formation of stomach tumors for the first time. Could this be the cause of the rise of colon cancer in young people?
- Three dead, dozens hospitalized in Poland Legionnaire’s disease outbreak
- Thursday, Japan started releasing water from the stricken Fukushima power plant into the Pacific Ocean 12 years after one of the world’s worst nuclear disasters.
- Hong Kong government to “immediately activate” import curbs on some Japanese food after Tokyo announced it would release water from the stricken Fukushima nuclear plant into the ocean
- Atlanta college brings back Covid mask mandates, Government DRs in Seattle call for face coverings to be compulsory for healthcare workers – amid rise of new Covid variant.
- Maryland health officials have just reported a positive case of ‘locally acquired’ malaria.
- North Korean Rice is a vital crop in North Korea and is usually planted in June. In April, the government imported rice from China because their stocks ran out. Without rice, many people will go hungry, and even starve to death.
“And there will be strange signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. People will be terrified at what they see coming upon the earth, for the powers in the heavens will be shaken. Then everyone will see the Son of Man coming on a cloud with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand and look up, for your salvation is near!”Luke 21:25-28 NLT
Increased Satanic Evil, Sexual Immorality, Apostasy, False Teachings, Corruption, Lawlessness, and Deception in the Last Days
New World Order, Great Reset, Economic Chaos, Big Brother, & Government Overreach in the Last Day
- BRICS is now BRICS+: The 15th BRICS Summit has decided to bring in Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates as new members. Six of the world’s nine largest oil producers will be members of BRICS+ as of January 1, 2024.
- Associated Bank, with over 200 locations, set to shut down six branches due to ‘digital banking’ and customer preferences.
- BMO, Wells Fargo, and USAA are now the latest banks to report layoffs as the banking industry continues to reel.
- Taco Bell is looking to ditch cash for electronic-only payments. Will this soon be the new normal?
- There is growing concern that China’s economy is heading for a Collapse.
- Shares of US banks drop after S&P downgrades some ratings
- World Trade Organization (WTO) backs US in challenge of China’s retaliatory tariffs
- The credit rating of the state of Florida was confirmed today at the “perfect” level, AAA;
- The credit rating of the US was downgraded this month to AA+.
- The credit rating of the crumbling state of California is AA-, and is expected to continue to decline.
- New Jersey is already BBB+
- Jakarta, Indonesia, orders civil servants to work from home to improve air quality
11 “The time is surely coming,” says the Sovereign Lord, “when I will send a famine on the land — not a famine of bread or water but of hearing the words of the Lord.Amos 8:11-14
12 People will stagger from sea to sea and wander from border to border searching for the word of the Lord, but they will not find it.
13 Beautiful girls and strong young men will grow faint in that day, thirsting for the Lord’s word.
14 And those who swear by the shameful idols of Samaria — who take oaths in the name of the god of Dan and make vows in the name of the god of Beersheba — they will all fall down, never to rise again.”
Jesus said regarding the Last Days…
8 “But all this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come.”
9 “Then you will be arrested, persecuted, and killed. You will be hated all over the world because you are my followers.
10 “And many will turn away from me and betray and hate each other. 11 And many false prophets will appear and will deceive many people. 12 Sin will be rampant everywhere, and the love of many will grow cold. 13 But the one who endures to the end will be saved. 14 And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come.“Matthew 24:8-13 NLT
Increased Christian Persecution
- Christian Coffee Shop Targeted by Communists, LGBTQ Activists: ‘They Want…Our Doors Shut’
- Iraq: Christians in central and southern parts of Iraq, especially those with a Muslim background, are under constant threat of violence. Ask God to protect and sustain them.
- Nepal: Most Christian persecution in Nepal comes from radical Hindu groups who want the country to return to Hinduism. Many persecuted believers are extremely poor and lack proper income sources. Ask God to give them the strength to stand firm in their faith and provide for their needs.
- In Central Asia, persecuted Christians meet in underground churches. Often, authorities disrupt their meetings and fine participants. Pray that Christians will be able to meet freely and safely.
- Egypt: Pray for victims of sectarian violence against Christians and for just and effective methods of resolving these conflicts to be developed.
- Kyrgyzstan: Jena and her sister Relinda moved away after experiencing discrimination for their Christian faith in their village. Villagers stopped communicating with them, and people spread lies about them on social media. Pray that Jena and Relinda will find strength in the Lord and that they will know the right time to return to their village.
- Eritrea: Pray for the release of 103 young people arrested in Asmara, Eritrea, where they had gathered to record worship songs for YouTube. Their meeting was deemed illegal. More than 500 Christians are believed to be behind bars in Eritrea: many have been detained arbitrarily for many years. Pray for their release. Pray that all those involved with Christian prisoners in Eritrea – including fellow inmates, guards, and court staff – will be touched by their witness. The Eritrean Government continues to try to infiltrate underground churches and imprison their leaders. Ask God to thwart their efforts.
*Name changed for security reasons
More on Christian Persecution
16 “Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. So be as shrewd as snakes and harmless as doves.Matthew 10:16 NLT
3 Remember those in prison, as if you were there yourself. Remember also those being mistreated, as if you felt their pain in your own bodies.Hebrews 13:3
We must pray and speak out against persecution.
The Gospel Around the World
in the Last Days!
Obviously, there is bad news all over the world. Nevertheless, there is also great news — signs of hope — that born-again Christians are doing what Jesus told us to do in the Great Commission and before He left us.
- Maldives: There are no church buildings in the Maldives because it is considered a fully Muslim country, so immigrant believers can only gather in their homes to worship. Pray for unity among these house churches and that they would become channels for the gospel. Pray for new audio recordings being uploaded to a scripture app dedicated to the Divehi language. This is the heart language of the Maldives and the app is a strategic tool to reach this closed nation with the gospel. Praise God the app has had over 5000 downloads.
- Thailand: Give thanks for the church plants Helen and Wit Boondeekhun are leading in Thailand. Pray that BMS-supported worker Areerat will find ways to share the gospel creatively with the youth in her community.
- Laos: Praise God for 2500 MP3 players that have made their way into Laos. These devices are preloaded with the Lao bible, worship songs and hundreds of sermons and teaching material.
- Asia: Praise God for the training of 10,000 evangelists in Asia. Pray for BMS workers Ben and Gill Francis – for strength and health as they lead Biglife teams to plant 10,000 house churches across the continent.
- Indonesia: During a recent visit, local Open Doors partners heard how, even amid opposition, many believers from Muslim backgrounds (MBBs) courageously share the good news of Jesus with their loved ones and neighbours. As a result, more and more people are being saved! Pray for God’s wisdom as they continue to take God’s love to their communities. The challenge…
- Indonesia’s 787 people groups speak 688 different languages and only 53 languages have the complete bible. Please pray for the vital work of bible translation in Indonesia so that many others will soon discover that God speaks their language too.
- Central African Republic (CAR) – SIL: Thank God for the progress being made by the five teams nearing completion of their New Testaments, and for the hours that our translation consultant team have been able to spend working with them around the team meetings. Please pray for the teams who just need to finish up to have the wisdom and strength for the home stretch, and for those just starting the final stages to remember what’s been presented to them this week. Pray for good relationships in teams and between translation teams and consultants working remotely.
- Sri Lanka: Pray for the team of chaplains working with Lanka Prison Fellowship as they visit 26 prisons on a weekly basis. A large part of their work happens on the outside, ministering to families and ex-prisoners. Please pray that many will trust in Jesus and experience transformation from the inside out.
- North Africa: Sharing the gospel through media is an effective way to reach people in closed countries. Pray for BMS workers Andrea and Ian and their communications team as they produce relevant and engaging gospel programmes for North Africa.
- Cambodia: BMS supports a dormitory facility for students in Cambodia. Praise God that through the ministry of Pastor J, the students are experiencing the outpouring of the Holy Spirit and a newfound joy to share the gospel with their friends.
- Bangladesh: Many hearts are yearning to receive the good news of Christ. Pray for BMS-supported evangelists to be protected as they share the gospel in other faith communities. Pray for BMS workers Louise and Peter Lynch, who are faithfully serving BMS’ partner in Bangladesh to train, support and send church planters and community workers into various mission fields.
- Myanmar: Brother Hakim* and his family recently returned to their home country to restart their ministry. He faces pressure and scrutiny from the government. Pray for safety and Hakim’s witness.
*Name changed for security reasons
Co-founder of Satanic Church Turns to JESUS for Salvation
“I got involved with Satanism because at the time it resonated with me, being very broken and sad without realizing it. I think the reason a lot of people resonate with Satanism is they come from a very broken place. I have met thousands of Satanists over the last three years and I’m not saying the intentions are bad, they are extremely broken and extremely hurt … that’s the one thing we all have in common,” he said.
Holding back tears, Swiegelaar explained that he turned against Satanism after recently experiencing unconditional Christian love.
“I’ve never known unconditional love in my whole life and up to today, there’s only four Christians in my whole life that have shown me what unconditional love is. I want to thank those four people. Words cannot express what you have done for me,” he said. (From CBN)
“How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messenger who brings good news, the good news of peace and salvation, the news that the God of Israel reigns!”Isaiah 52:7 NLT
35 Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will never disappear.Matthew 24:35 NLT
The Mission Field in Our Back Yards
What’s Next for Me?
Over Labor Day Weekend, I’ll be working on my next novel, “Harpazo! After the Rapture: Salvation First, then Survival”. It takes my After the Rapture blog series and expands on it. I’ll publish playlist of the first 11 ¡ En Español! episodes on Saturday, as well as a playlist of Psalms 46-64 on Sunday.
Starting Sept. 12, ¡ En Español! will move to Saturdays. Sunday Psalms will stay on Sundays.
I also have planned special, in-depth articles and podcasts on various topics, which will be published randomly.
Here in Downtown Phoenix, I’m hoping to start a Christians in Business group at my new church. When it gets cooler, I plan on starting prayer walks once a week.
There are many Bible Prophecy preachers, that you don’t need another one. Check out these 2 pages: Bible Prophecy YouTube News Feeds and Bible Prophecy Links to websites of my favorite Bible Prophecy sources. Because…
We Are Living in the Last Days!
- Be strong in the Lord. “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” 2 Timothy 1:7 NLT
- Study the Bible daily. “All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.” 2 Timothy 4:16-17 NLT
- Put on the full Armor of God. “Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil.” Ephesians 6:11 NLT
- Be part of a Bible-Believing Church. “And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.” Hebrews 10:25 NLT
If you’re not a born-again Christian, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!!
Are YOU Secure in YOUR Salvation
Through Jesus Christ?
If you’re not sure if you’re saved or not, if you truly want to be born again and have the assurance of salvation, receive the Holy Spirit, feel His Shalom — a peace that surpasses all understanding, and get a 1-way, non-stop ticket to Heaven after you die, or that you won’t be left behind at the Rapture, which can happen at any moment, this is what you have to do…
Praise the name of God forever and ever, for YOU have all wisdom and power. You control the course of world events; You remove kings and set up other kings. You give wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the scholars. You reveal deep and mysterious things and know what lies hidden in darkness, though You are surrounded by light. I thank and praise you, Lord, JESUS, my savior, for you have given me wisdom and strength. (Based on Daniel 2:20-23)
Jesus, you are the unbreakable, unshakeable, immovable foundation that stands the test of time and keeps us standing strong in the face of panic-inducing winds and terrifying storms. Help us to remember that we born-again believers are citizens of the Kingdom of Heaven — and this evil earth is not our home! Thank you for being our confident hope!
Lord, please come soon to fulfill your salvation, and grant us patience, strength, courage and boldness as we wait to see it. Amen.
Soli Deo Gloria — To God Alone Be The Glory!
Dig Deeper into Last Days Prophecies…
- More Bible Prophecy News
- Christian Podcasters
- Bible Prophecy Links
- What is the Rapture?
- Listen to the Watchmen on the Wall
- The Wonderful Promises in the Book of Revelation
- Have You Rejected Your Invitation to the Wedding Feast?