It’s gotten to the point that when I see notifications on the Telegram app, I think, “Oh, no! What now?!” This week the news headlines cover the World Economic Forum elites meeting in Davos, Switzerland, the continuing war in Ukraine, and the Christian Persecution World Watch List from Open Doors listing the worst 50 countries for Christians — and much more…
Let’s dig in…
Signs of the Last Days
At the Mount of Olives, Jesus’ disciples asked him…
What sign will signal your return and the end of the world?”…
6 And you will hear of wars and threats (rumors) of wars, but don’t panic. Yes, these things must take place, but the end won’t follow immediately. 7 Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.Matthew 24:6-7 NLT
Wars and Rumors of Wars
- Putin ally Medvedev warns NATO of nuclear war if Russia defeated in Ukraine
- US Considering Helping Ukraine Strike Crimea
- Pentagon Already Sees Ukraine War Going Well Past 2023
- Suicide drones hit Odessa and Kyiv. Amir Tsarfati
- Putin is reportedly preparing to launch a “secret attack” that would put the nail in the coffin of Ukraine.
- Russia produces first nuclear warheads for Poseidon super torpedo
- Ukraine’s Largest Jewish City Hit by Russian Missile
- Russia and Belarus began joint military exercises on Monday, which have triggered fears in Kyiv and the West that Moscow could use its ally to launch a new ground offensive in Ukraine. Amir
- Russia to Boost Troops in West, Expanding Army to 1.5 Million… Kyiv Warns of Fresh Offensive
- Russia to Boost Troops in West, Expanding Army to 1.5 Million… Kyiv Warns of Fresh Offensive
- US Coast Guard is monitoring a Russian ‘intelligence gathering ship’ off the coast of Hawaii.
- Increased Chance China Will Invade Taiwan as Domestic Turmoil Continues: In a news interview yesterday, Taiwanese Foreign Ministry spokesman Joseph Wu said, “If you look at the Chinese situation right now, the economy is going down. People are not happy, the real estate business seems to be melting down.
“If Xi Jinping cannot change the situation domestically in China, [he] might want to resort to a use of force or creating a crisis externally to divert domestic attention or to show to the Chinese that he has accomplished something. We are concerned that Taiwan might become his scapegoat.” Foreshadows
- Japan to Build Island Base for Protection Against China: Last week, Japan began construction on a military base on Mageshima Island, 750 miles south of Tokyo. The island is uninhabited and is strategically located to provide counterstrike capabilities should China decide to attack Japan itself and its major base in Okinawa. This is being done as a joint project with the US, which will place long-range missiles on the island and use it as a staging point to protect against Chinese maritime aggression. Foreshadows
- Iran to Receive Russian Fighter Jets by March in Latest Sign of Growing Military Ties: Iranian Media
- Syria: A UAV attacked the American base in Al-Tanf in the border triangle with Iraq and Jordan.Amir
- Syrian source affiliated with the opposition: Iran is about to send 150 Hezbollah operatives from Syria to Ukraine to help the Russians operate the Iranian drones. Amir
Next: Earthquakes (“seismic” events) & Famines & Plagues
Jesus told us that in the last days…
11 There will be great earthquakes, and there will be famines and plagues in many lands, and there will be terrifying things and great miraculous signs from heaven.Luke 21:11 NLT
The Greek word for “earthquakes” is “seismos” which also covers floods, turbulence, hurricanes, blizzards, atmospheric rivers, wildfires, and volcanoes. It’s WEATHER, pure and simple! Consequently, plagues and pestilences lead to economic woes, which lead to food crises and famines.
Seismic Weather Events…
- Tropical Cyclone “Cheneso” formed around 12:00 UTC on January 18, 2023, as the fourth named storm of the 2022/23 South Indian Ocean cyclone season.
- Earthquakes Increase from 60/Week to 600/Week on Hawaii Islan
Pestilence & Plagues
- Multiple cases of new drug-resistant gonorrhea strain are emerging in the US and it has health officials worried. (Easy fix: abstaining from adultery & fornication.)
- Temporary Morgues are Being Built Across UK Due to an Unprecedented Increase in Excess Deaths
Economic Woes & Famine
- Another Cryptocurrency Firm Goes Bankrupt As FTX Fallout Continues
- The Mainstream Media is now admitting that we are facing “The worst food crisis in modern history”.
US Debt Ceiling Reached
The US reached its debt limit of $31.4 trillion. This means the federal government has capped out the total amount it is authorized to borrow to pay its bills.
Normally, the government pays its bills by raising taxes and selling Treasury bonds. But once the debt ceiling is reached, it cannot continue to sell bonds—making it much more difficult to pay debt obligations.
It’s estimated that Congress has until June to figure out a solution. If it doesn’t, then the US would default on its debt. A chief economist at Moody’s Analytics, Mark Zandi, said this would “create chaos in financial markets and completely undermine the economy…The economy would go into a severe recession.”
The Severity of the US Government Debt Problem
On January 12, the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget featured an article on its website with this observation about what it would take to balance the US government’s budget within ten years:
“In order to achieve balance within a decade, all spending would need to be cut by roughly one-quarter…the necessary cuts would grow to 85 percent if defense, veterans, Social Security, and Medicare spending were off the table.”
The article concludes that federal spending is so far out of control that a balanced budget “within ten years is likely infeasible, and is virtually impossible if major parts of the budget and tax code are exempt from change.” Foreshadows
As in the Days of Lot
28 And the world will be as it was in the days of Lot. People went about their daily business—eating and drinking, buying and selling, farming and building— 29 until the morning Lot left Sodom. Then fire and burning sulfur rained down from heaven and destroyed them all. 30 Yes, it will be ‘business as usual’ right up to the day when the Son of Man is revealed.Luke 17:28-29 NLT (The First Sin City)
- Catholic, German bishop announces new guidelines forcing priests to accept homosexuality, transgenderism (Idolatry & Immorality)
- Church of England to Bless Gay Marriages Under Bishop Ruling
- Facebook and Instagram could soon lift the ban on bare breasts photos — but ONLY for trans and non-binary individuals.
- The US has been labeled the worst country for pushing ‘extreme gender ideology,’ sex change surgeries on youth.
- Prostitutes gather in Davos for annual meeting of global elite – where demand for sexual services rockets during economic summit
- Once The Hotbed Of American Christianity, The YMCA In 2023 Has Become The Protector Of The Transgender And A Destroyer Of Biblical Womanhood. (By the way, there’s a YMCA a few blocks from my house. Knowing its reputation, I opted for another gym a few blocks further away.)
- The new Scooby-Doo reboot will portray ‘Velma’ as a “Woke lesbian” pushing nude scenes, drugs, and LGBTQ agenda.
- Harvard Medical: Offering Course on Gender Fluidity “healthcare” for parents of INFANTS
A Father’s Horrifying Story Regarding His Elementary-School-Aged Daughter’s Attempted Suicide
Increased Evil , Lawlessness, False Teachings & Church Division…
Jesus warned us…
4 Don’t let anyone mislead you, 5 for many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah.’ They will deceive many…
10 And many will turn away from me and betray and hate each other. 11 And many false prophets will appear and will deceive many people. 12 Sin will be rampant everywhere, and the love of many will grow cold. 13 But the one who endures to the end will be saved.Matthew 24: 4-5, 10-13 NLT
- “Wiccans” give Catholic H.S. students magical ‘crystals’ and counselor loses job for inviting Witches to school
- New T-Mobile Breach Affects 37 Million Accounts
- Pope Francis: “Proselytizing is something pagan, not evangelical, not Christian” (I tweeted: Dear @Pontifex, If you actually read the #Bible, you’d know what Evangelism & Proselytizing are because that’s what #Jesus told His true believers to do… Matthew 28:18-20 & Acts of the Apostles 1:8
- Young People Sacrifice Their Belief in God on the Altar of Satanism
- Another North Carolina power substation has been damaged by gunfire weeks after grid attacks left thousands without power.
- Six dead in California home shooting, including 6-month-old baby and her mother
- Afghanistan: Under the Taliban regime, women and girls are treated as second-class citizens and Christians are considered to have no value. The abhorrent result of this extreme discrimination is that many women are forced into sexual slavery. Pray for an end to these evil practices and for repentance in the hearts of the perpetrators.
In some shocking circumstances, fathers are forced to give up their daughters at gunpoint. These girls are forcibly married to Taliban fighters. Pray that God will bring comfort and peace to these girls who face this trauma. Pray for healing of their physical and emotional wounds. Open Doors USA
New World Order, Great Reset, Big Brother, Global Insanity, & Government Overreach
The World Economic Forum (WEF)— Davos, Switzerland
- Key takeaways from the World Economic Forum
- Davos Attendee Says ‘Quiet Part Out Loud’: Agenda Is To Create A “New World Order”
- Tony Blair calls for a “digital infrastructure” to monitor who is vaccinated and who is not
- Davos speaker calls for one billion people to ‘stop eating meat’ for ‘innovation’ and the environment.
Klaus Schwab: The System of the Beast
- Corporates Have Begun ‘Geoengineering’ The Climate, With Basically No One’s Consent
- Declaration of North America – Recipe for Loss of National Sovereignty (Biden in Mexico)
- A cashless society appears to be accelerating as Central Bank Digital currencies are coming—Whether Countries are ready or not!
- India is now giving banks the green light to use face recognition and iris scan for some transactions. How long until this is the new normal across the Globe?
Increased Persecution & Antisemitism
Jesus warned us…
9 Then you will be arrested, persecuted, and killed. You will be hated all over the world because you are my followers (on account of my name).Matthew 24:9 NLT
We’re also told in Hebrews…
3 Remember those in prison, as if you were there yourself. Remember also those being mistreated, as if you felt their pain in your own bodies.Hebrews 13:3 NLT
More than 360 million Christians around the world suffer high levels of persecution and discrimination for their faith, according to Open Doors’ 2023 World Watch List, which was released Jan. 17. The list, which Open Doors has compiled annually for 30 years, ranks the 50 countries in which it is most difficult to live as a Christian. In addition, it reports overall statistics and worldwide trends.
#1 North Korea:
“They risk their lives to hear the Gospel.”
One person who encountered Jesus at a safe house in China is Yong-Gi (name changed). “I would like to thank God’s grace that He made my dream come true,” she says. “This morning, God spoke to me through Bible verses, and now all I can do is to follow His commands. Thank you always for your prayers and sacrifice for the sake of us.”Open Doors – North Korea
“Even when we are in suffering, we rejoice. Our happiness is not based on what we have or do not have. When people see that, they accept Jesus.”Pastor Gideon, who spent more than 6 years in prison for his faith
Many of us take for granted that we have a safe place to live.
Thank the Lord every day.
Violence against Christians in sub-Saharan Africa has hit new heights as jihadists seek to make Africa the first Islamic continent.
- Nigeria #6:
- Pastor Shot, Christian Worshippers Kidnapped in Northwest Nigeria
- Continued Militant Attacks, Threaten Upcoming Elections (VOM) “…all the food they had harvested was burnt by the Fulani militants.”
- Church Bombing Kills 17 in the Democratic Republic of Congo “Democratic”? “Republic”
- Somalia #2: Violent extremism is on the rise in Somalia, with the insurgent group al-Shabaab repeatedly expressing its desire to eradicate Christians from the country. Pray that Christians will be surrounded by God’s peace and protection.
Asia, Middle East & Northeast Africa
- Pakistan #7: Christian Falsely Accused of Blasphemy, Father Says
- India #11 (VOM): Christians Singled Out in Government Survey
- China #16 (VOM): Verdict for Zhao Weikai – “Zhao, who was convicted of “illegally holding materials promoting terrorism and extremism”, has been sentenced to two years in prison and additionally fined.”
- Christian Worship Service Prohibited in Indonesia #33
- Yemen #3: It is extremely dangerous to be a Christian in Yemen, due to the country’s strict Islamic laws and the presence of militant Islamic groups. Yemini converts are at great risk of being killed, forcing many to keep their faith hidden. Ask God to pour healing and hope into Christians affected by persecution. Open Doors
“Arrests are useless because jailed Christians convert their fellow prisoners and baptize them in jail.”Richard Wurmbrand, founder Voice of the Martyrs
More on Christian Persecution
Israel Watch in the Last Days
- Saudi Arabia: Palestinian statehood is a prerequisite for ties with Israel – not going to happen
- Is the State of Israel Supernatural or Coincidence?
- Israeli Soldiers Come Under ‘Massive Fire’ During Jenin Counterterror Raid
- Israel Develops Precision Hand-Launched Guided Missile
- Netanyahu predicts massive increase in Western Aliyah – Jews returning to Israel as predicted in Ezekiel 37.
- UPRISING: Over 80,000 people fill Tel Aviv in Israel, Sat., 1/14, to protest against Benjamin Netanyahu’s government.
Amir Tsarfati: Israel’s Prophetic Timeline
Words of Encouragement
“A proper understanding of Bible prophecy always leads to clarity and hope—not confusion and fear.”
Todd Hampson, A Chronological Guide to Bible Prophecy (affiliate link)
In recent days, our missionaries have found that many Jewish people who previously wouldn’t engage in a conversation, are now open to talking about Jesus. One missionary who has experienced this change of attitude among the Jewish people is Misha Vayshengolts. He regularly conducts Bible studies and evangelistic bus tours for Russian-speaking Jewish migrants in Israel. These tours are extremely popular – news of them is spread among the Jewish community by word of mouth and increasing numbers are attending. Please pray that many Jewish people will be saved through these Bible studies and evangelistic tours.
International Mission to Jewish People (IMJP)
“But all this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come.”Matthew 24:8 NLT
Good News! The Gospel Around the World!
In the middle of the Olivet Discourse, Mark notes something important that Jesus said…
10 For the Good News must first be preached to all nations (peoples).Mark 13:10
Each week after reporting the bad news, I’ll showcase some of the great news — the signs of hope — around the world that Christians are doing what Jesus told us to do in the Great Commission and before He left us. Check these out and pray for them…
- Myanmar: Bible college students had a great opportunity to host 4 family outreach events where 400 children and their parents attended. The students presented a clear gospel message with adults and children listening intently. Please pray that many will open their lives to Jesus.
In Myanmar, the political situation continues to deteriorate and those caught in the midst of the war-torn areas need our prayers. Give thanks for the number of soldiers, fighting with the Independent Armies, who are searching and finding Jesus through the witness of other believers. Pray for those who are displaced and who are in need of basic supplies, medical assistance, and a safe place to live. AsiaLink
- Pakistan: Please pray for 10 families affected by the floods last year, who have moved onto a new plot of land that AsiaLink partners have provided. The long-term plan is to build a school and plant a church on the site. Pray that many lives will be transformed as these families are exposed to the gospel. AsiaLink
- Cambodia: The evangelical church is experiencing an estimated growth rate of 8.8% in Cambodia. This is well above the global growth rate of 2.6%. Please pray that these encouraging figures will be reflected in both the breadth and depth of the church in Cambodia. AsiaLink
- Vietnam: Give thanks for 4 new Christians in north-western Vietnam who were recently baptised in a stream. Pray that these new believers will be able to obtain a copy of the bible and grow in their faith. Continue to pray for evangelists who are carrying the gospel into many remote villages. AsiaLink
- Middle East: Please pray for our upcoming student project to an unreached people group in the Middle East. Please pray for good conversations and open hearts. Please pray that the team we are sending will be an encouragement to the local team. Please pray for unity and safety. Agape UK
- Yemen: But the number of believers in Yemen is growing. Mohammad* and his wife Alima* set up several secret house churches after they came to know Jesus. “For God, nothing is impossible,” Mohammad says. “The one thing we can expect is persecution. But, in the Bible, we see how Paul, because of persecution, went from place to place and that the end result was a strong church. That is what I hope for the Yemeni Church too. We hope that the Word of God will spread in Yemen and that Yemen will be won by Christ. That is our daily prayer. The church in Yemen is definitely growing.” Open Doors
“As my vision continued that night, I saw someone like a son of man coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient One and was led into his presence. He was given authority, honor, and sovereignty over all the nations of the world, so that people of every race and nation and language would obey him. His rule is eternal—it will never end. His kingdom will never be destroyed.”Daniel 7:13-14 NLT
The Signs of the Last Days are Obvious!
- What’s Hopeful about 2023?
- More Bible Prophecy News
- Bible Prophecy Links
- What is the Rapture?
- Listen to the Watchmen on the Wall
- The Wonderful Promises in the Book of Revelation
It doesn’t look like the next few months will be easygoing. All this is not to scare you, but to warn you, to give you hope, as well as a sense of urgency. We don’t have a choice about what troubles come our way. However, we can choose to have a relationship with Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, that prepares us for trouble.
Jesus is coming soon whether you’re ready or not!
Why not begin a relationship with Him?