The Book of Revelation is power-packed with a lot of mystery, promises, prophecies, warnings, letters, and judgements, but most of all — HOPE! It assures us that this earth, with all it’s problems, evil, greed, injustices, and deception is not all there is! We CAN have confident hope that there is a life after death. That evil — Satan and his cronies — will perish and Jesus wins in the end!
What We Learned in the Book of Revelation…
- We have the assurance that Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. This is declared several times in Revelation.
- We have 7 Blessings from Jesus in the letters to the 7 churches — which were not just written for the churches back then in 95 AD, but are relevant to us right now.
- The letter to the church of Ephesus asks if we love the church more than Jesus. We’re supposed to worship Jesus directly — not follow a church’s teachings or a pastor or priest only.
- In the letter to the church in Smyrna, we learn that if we remain faithful, we will receive the crown of life!
- The church in Pergamum had a major problem that Jesus hated and that was idolatry and immorality. We still have those problems today. We are supposed to worship the one true God only! Not Mary, not the saints, not a job, a lifestyle or a car. We are supposed to have a strong moral compass. Look at our world today and we see that evil, immorality and chaos are so prominent.
- The letter to the church in Thyatira questions whether we love our faith over our jobs. That’s a very controversial subject right now. Do we stand up for our faith or give in to the immoral culture just to stay in business?
- Stuff happens when you least expect it! As Jesus says a lot, “Like a thief in the night,” read the letter to the church in Sardis.
- The church of Philadelphia was one of the 2 churches who did not get a scolding. They got a letter of encouragement and hope because they were faithful.
- Laodicea was the “lukewarm” church. Neither hot nor cold. They had all they needed so they didn’t care. Apathy is a huge problem in today’s world, too.
- Then we have the Rapture of the Born-Again Christians when Jesus comes for His Elect and we are swept away into Heaven. This isn’t Jesus’ second coming — that’s later. You definitely don’t want to get Left Behind! That is one of the promises that Jesus has for His true believers — we won’t get left behind at the Rapture and have to endure the Great Tribulation when Jesus destroys all the evil on the earth. There will be some wise people left behind that will realize that what happened and finally become born-again. Those will be the Tribulation Saints. The rest, will worship the Antichrist — Satan’s representative — they are in trouble. Here’s what you need to know to not be left behind.
- We learned that numbers are very important in the Book of Revelation. They have a deeper meaning than what we think.
- Chapters 4 and 5 are our first preview of what Heaven will be like for those that are Raptured. It’s glorious! Lots of praise and worship of the King! It’ll be better than we can ever imagine!
- We then learn what we need to do to avoid the Great Tribulation and God’s Judgement. The Great Tribulation will not be a fun adventure. It’s nasty! Nastier than anything we’ve already experienced here on earth so far.
- We pray, “Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.” Here’s what that means. God’s Kingdom is Coming!
- God then gives us folks, who are living today, a fair warning of what’s going to happen — a look into the future. Ignore at your own peril. God’s promises are not all blessings. God promises to take care of Satan and all evil and immorality in the world and, folks, He will!
- Jesus has many blessings planned for those whose names are written in the “Lamb’s Book of Life”. You have to be born-again to have your name in that book. Is your name there? Is it?
- In Revelation chapters 14 and 15 God unleashes His wrath on the world as He promised. This is the Great Tribulation. And, my friend, you’re going to not want to be on earth at that time.
- Then He continues to warn mankind of the coming judgement. Everybody will be judged! The living and the dead. Born again or not. (Though the born-again folks are pardoned because they believe the truth that Jesus washed their sins away with His blood.)
- Jesus wins the battle with Satan! Satan loses in the end. Though the devil has control of the earth now, he will lose to King Jesus!
- And finally we have the greatest promise of all — a New Heaven and a New Earth! And no sinners allowed!
Wow! That is a lot to take in! I highly recommend that you download two apps:
In the Bible App, I recommend, “The Prophetic Gallery Series” study on Revelation. It’s a 13-part study, but it’s eye-opening. In Through the Word, Pastor Kris Langham explains the Book of Revelation in easy to understand podcasts. I used them both in preparing for this series.
The Book of Revelation was written for us. Yes, it’s a great warning to mankind to clean up your act or else! However, for the true believer, it is a solid promise of hope from God to His people of His Kingdom Come!
Father, the time is close for Jesus, the King of kings and Lord of lords, to come. Come Lord Jesus. Until then, give me an ear that listens closely, eyes that see clearly, and a heart that follows closely to Jesus. Continue to show me more details of the pictures in this great gallery. Give me greater understanding of this book, something that You have shown to Your children throughout the ages. Help me to listen carefully to these words of encouragement from Jesus, share faithfully of the river of life to my world, and walk humbly so that the words of Jesus take root in my life and grow wonderful fruit. In Jesus Name, Amen.
If you want the assurance of salvation and a 1-way, non-stop ticket to Heaven and that you won’t be left behind at the Rapture, this is what you have to do…
Believe. Repent. Be Baptized. Receive the Holy Spirit.
- Believe — have Faith — that Jesus is the Christ and He died taking your sins away forever and that He rose from the dead 3 days later.
- Repent of your sins — stop sinning! Do a complete 180-degree turn in your life and surrender your life to Him. When you ask Jesus to forgive you He will. ALL your sins will be wiped clean — past, present, and future! And All means ALL!
- Be Baptized by water baptism — show the world and yourself that you have died to your old life and are born again in Christ.
- Receive the gift of Holy Spirit in your heart.
Pray this prayer humbly and wholeheartedly…
“Dear Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner. I believe You died for my sins. Please forgive me. Right now, I turn from my sins and open the door of my heart and my life to you. I confess You as my personal Lord and Savior. I will follow you for the rest of my life. Thank You, Jesus, for saving me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”
“Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what he is saying to the churches.”Revelation 3:22 NLT
Are you listening?
Soli Deo Gloria — to God Alone be the Glory!